Kimber Gabryszak: - Skeleton racing - Mountain biking (especially downhilling) - Travel - Family - and much MUCH MORE!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

USANA video / Get to know Kimber

(I know some of you saw this on Facebook, but I'm posting it here in case you didn't, and to give some background to it.)

Here's a quick intro video from USANA - I visited their facility last week and answered a few questions about sliding and supplements and whatnot. (I also did a shorter bit in 國語 for their Chinese, Singaporean, and Taiwanese counterparts that I'll link to - for the handful of you that 說中文!)



Long story short, USANA Health Sciences is supplying us with supplements (vitamins, probiotics, sleep-aids for those time zone transitions, shakes, and more), and Brad and I've been taking them for about 2 months now.

Until then, I hadn't taken a vitamin in over 3 years, due to being on the US Anti-Doping Agency random test list, and the high number of supplements that are contaminated with banned substances (i.e. steriods or other prohibited things that get into the vitamin by accident). Since USANA offers a guarantee, and since I took a tour to see how well they keep things clean and the high standards of production, I felt safe to try them.

And though I was skeptical at first - I mean, 3 years without vitamins and I was fine, wasn't I? - I quickly realized I hadn't been fine, and need them and love them!

So, remember my disgusting bout with whooping cough? Cracking ribs from coughing (more than once)? Bronchitis 4x in one year? How "Kimber's going to Europe" = "What's she going to get sick with this time?"

Well, I've been surrounded by people getting sick (colds, flu, sinus infections, etc.) in the last 6 weeks and haven't even had a sniffle. Plus fewer muscle cramps, faster workout recovery, better rest, and more....because of that, now I freak out when we're about to run out!

Here's to a greatly improved season, I can feel it!

PS - And those of you that know me well will know this isn't a paid advertisement - heheheh, NO ONE could pay me to say something good about something I don't believe in!


PPS - I've also lost 15 lbs this summer and am the lightest I've been in YEARS; a lot of that is due to just eating less and training harder this summer, but I can't help but think part of it is not craving foods to get missing vitamins, since I just don't get as hungry. No, USANA doesn't and wouldn't make this claim at all, but it's just my opinion that it's possible! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment