Kimber Gabryszak: - Skeleton racing - Mountain biking (especially downhilling) - Travel - Family - and much MUCH MORE!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Equinox / Solstice Eggs

Just for fun, Brad showed me something that I've somehow missed in my life: equinox eggs.

(By the way, if you don't like myths being busted please stop reading here.)

I'd never tried it , so we gave it a go. It's a myth that you can only do it on the equinox and / or summer solstice, but it was still pretty fun to try to stand the eggs on end.

The first one was a feat, and I was so proud!
Photobucket

Then it got a little buddy.
Photobucket

The third was also easy, though it tended to list to the side a little.
Photobucket

But the fourth one was the hardest of all since I placed it in the middle of the other three.
Photobucket

No, wait. The 5th was the hardest - since it never took and then tipped over. The result was a slow-motion domino effect with dramatics worthy of a blockbuster movie, taking out all of the four standing eggs one at a time.

Still, heaps of fun! If you find yourself with a carton of eggs and some boredom, on any day of the year, give it a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment